Egyptian PM says he hopes Mubarak will seek another term

By JPOST.COM STAFF
May 22, 2010 18:19

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Egyptian Prime Minister Ahmed Nazif said Saturday he hoped President Hosni Mubarak would run for a sixth consecutive term in the upcoming elections next year.

Speaking to newspaper editors, Nazif said Egypt needed stability and there was no candidate who could succeed Mubarak without disrupting that stability.

President Mubarak, 82, has yet to announce if he will seek another term. Asked earlier this week in Italy about his successor, he said, “only God can decide,” Israel Radio reported.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
January 24, 2019
Meeting on U.S. gov't shutdown cancelled after Tresurer declines to attend

By REUTERS