BREAKING NEWS

Egyptian army continues to hunt terrorists in Sinai

The Egyptian army continued its operations in Sinai on Sunday after it reportedly attacked terrorists in the peninsula’s north on Saturday night, killing one and wounding 25.
The Aswat Masriya website on Sunday cited a military spokesman’s statement as saying that the raid targeted the group responsible for the killing of 16 Egyptian soldiers last August and the kidnapping of seven others, who were returned in a deal with the government earlier this year.The army attack destroyed a warehouse that belonged to the terrorists.
The army continued its operations on Sunday against what it said were “terrorist sites” in northern Sinai, bombing several four-wheel drive vehicles in the towns of al- Toma and Umm Gamaan, Ahram Online reported.
Apache helicopters continued to fly over the area.
Egypt’s interim prime minister Hazem el-Beblawi stated that the government supports the army’s operations against terror in Sinai and praised local residents for aiding the military, said government spokesman Sherif Shawky on Sunday, according to the report.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use