Erdogan slams Germany for denying video link with supporters

By REUTERS
August 7, 2016 21:39

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

ISTANBUL - Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan criticized Germany on Sunday for not allowing him a video link to a rally of his supporters there, and said pro-democracy rallies in Turkey staged in the wake of last month's failed coup would continue until Wednesday.

German authorities prevented Erdogan from addressing by video link a rally in Cologne last Sunday, prompting Ankara to summon Germany's charge d'affaires.

Addressing a rally of more than a million people in Istanbul, Erdogan said Germany had allowed Kurdish militants to broadcast via video conference.



"Where is the democracy?," Erdogan said. "Let them nourish the terrorists, it will come back to hit them."

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
December 12, 2018
Israeli forces continue search for Ofra shooting terrorists

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF