Family found dead in Ussafiya 'died of poisonous gases'

November 23, 2010 21:01

A man, his wife and their young daughter found dead in Ussafiya on Monday died as a result of breathing in poisonous fumes emitted by an electric generator near their home, an autopsy has revealed.

In a tragic twist, the Ussafiya local council had recently planned to connect the area to the national power grid, according to reports. Naif Kiof, 43, his wife Rima, 32, and Karin, 2, were found dead in their homes by a female relative on Monday night.

Police initially suspected a double homicide and suicide incident, but quickly dropped the theory after finding no signs of violent injuries or a murder weapon in the home.

Related Content

Breaking news
October 16, 2019
Turkish foreign minister, U.S. national security adviser to meet in Ankara


Cookie Settings