Five US troops killed in Afghanistan, Pentagon says

By REUTERS
August 11, 2011 18:44

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

WASHINGTON - A roadside bomb killed five US troops in southern Afghanistan on Thursday, a Pentagon official told Reuters, less than a week after 30 American forces were killed in the deadliest incident involving US troops in the Afghan war.

The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) had previously said that five foreign troops had been killed, but declined to give their nationalities. Asked by Reuters, a Pentagon spokesman said they were American troops.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 14, 2018
Slave-free jeans sell out on Meghan 'Markle sparkle'

By REUTERS