Germany: Court upholds sentence for former Nazi hit man

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
December 20, 2010 23:25

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

BERLIN — Germany's top criminal court has rejected an 89-year-old man's appeal against a life sentence given to him earlier this year for killing three Dutch civilians during World War II.

Aachen state court said it was notified Monday that the Federal Court of Justice had rejected Heinrich Boere's appeal on Dec. 1.

The court in March sentenced Boere to life in prison for the 1944 killings of a bicycle-shop owner, a pharmacist and another civilian while he was part of a Nazi SS hit squad

Boere, the son of a Dutch man and a German woman, admitted to the killings during his trial, but insisted he was just following orders. The court, however, said in its ruling "these were murders that could hardly be outdone in terms of baseness and cowardice."

Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2018
BREAKING: Drive-by Shooting in Tel Aviv

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF