Interpol proposes third party for Iran-Argentina Jewish bombings dispute

Interpol proposes third

By
November 3, 2009 21:26

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Interpol on Tuesday invited Iran and Argentina to meet at its headquarters in France to discuss whether to have a neutral third country handle judicial proceedings relating to a 1994 bombing that killed 85 people at a Jewish center in Buenos Aires. The international police agency has had five Iranians on its most-wanted list for the bombing since 2007. The notices can't force countries to arrest or extradite suspects, and Iran has so far refused to deliver the wanted men to Argentina. Interpol did not disclose which third country might be put forward, and said both Iran and Argentina would have to agree to the idea in principle before a third country is sought. But Interpol Secretary-General Ronald K. Noble said the idea is to help break the deadlock between the countries. Interpol announced the proposal a day after Noble met in Lyon, France with an Argentine delegation led by prosecutor Alberto Nisman.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 18, 2018
Jerusalem Post closed for Yom Kippur

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF