Israel complains to UN about border shootings from Lebanon

By GIL STERN STERN SHEFLER
August 2, 2011 21:07

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Israel on Tuesday complained to United Nations about a series of cross-border shootings from Lebanon which it said threatened to destabilize the region.

In a letter to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon, Israeli ambassador to the United Nations Ron Prosor said Lebanon violated its ceasefire with Israel when one of its soldiers opened fire on a group of Israeli Defense Forces troops earlier in the day.

“We demand that the Government of Lebanon fully investigate the role of the LAF in causing this provocation,” he said. “Moreover, we expect the Government of Lebanon to take all necessary measures to prevent such dangerous incidents from reoccurring in the future, and to ensure that the Blue Line is respected in its entirety. “

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 18, 2018
Democrat Gillum concedes Florida governor's race, congratulates DeSantis

By REUTERS