Kahlon says will keep environmental protection portfolio

By JPOST.COM STAFF
May 27, 2016 09:53

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Finance Minister Moshe Kahlon said on Friday that he will keep the environmental protection portfolio in his party following the resignation of Avi Gabbay.

Kahlon informed Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday that his confidante, Gabbay, had quit the position.

"During the last year, we have laid foundations at the ministry that are important and essential to the quality of life of all Israel's citizens," Kahlon wrote on his Facebook page. "The plan to curb polluters in Haifa Bay will continue alongside other important initiatives that Gabbay introduced during his tenure."

"Avi Gabbay was one of the founders of Kulanu," the minister wrote. "He was among the first who believed in the project and urged the party's establishment as a nationalist and socioeconomic party that would chart a new course."

Related Content

Breaking news
July 19, 2018
White House rejects Putin proposal to interview U.S. citizens

By REUTERS