Lawyer: Hospital hearing set for Fort Hood shooting suspect

Lawyer Hospital hearing

November 21, 2009 03:42


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Ft. Hood shooting suspect Maj. Nidal Malik Hassan's attorney said on Friday that his client will undergo his first court hearing in his hospital room on Saturday. The civilian attorney, John Galligan, said Friday that prosecutors notified him of their plans for the hearing at the Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio. Hasan has been recovering there since the Nov. 5 rampage that left 13 dead and more than 30 wounded. The army psychiatrist was shot by civilian members of Fort Hood's police force. The hearing is to determine whether Hasan will be placed in pre-trial confinement - which usually means jail. But Galligan says he will argue that Hasan should remain in intensive care, he is paralyzed and still in need of medical attention.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 20, 2018
Bulk of families separated at U.S.- Mexico border remain apart