Lawyer: No charges for suspected Afghan shooter for weeks

By REUTERS
March 16, 2012 00:35

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

SEATTLE - The Seattle lawyer set to defend the US soldier suspected in the slaying of 16 Afghans last weekend said on Thursday he does not expect charges to be filed against his unnamed client for weeks.

Charges would be made "probably not sooner than a few weeks," attorney John Henry Browne told Reuters.

Browne said he would not name the soldier until charges were filed. An Army spokesman said earlier that the Pentagon also would not release the suspect's name until he is officially charged.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 22, 2018
Russia: Ready to boost fight against terrorism after attack in Iran - RIA

By REUTERS