Libya: No quid pro quo for freeing Israeli photographer

By JPOST.COM STAFF
August 10, 2010 20:07

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Libyan officials denied any link between Israel's agreement to allow the transfer of Libyan aid funds for home-building to Gaza and the release of Israeli photographer Rafael Hadad, Reuters reported on Tuesday.

"There is no deal linking the release of Rafael Hadad and the entry of housing units sent by the Gaddafi Foundation into the Gaza Strip," a Libyan source was quoted by Reuters as saying.

The official said that Hadad had been arrested because he told Libyan immigration officials that he was Tunisian.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 15, 2018
Greenblatt: Peace can only succeed if it is based on realities

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF