Libyan TV says children killed in NATO strike

By REUTERS
August 9, 2011 14:28

ALGIERS - Libyan state television showed on Tuesday the charred bodies of several children, saying they had been killed by a NATO strike on a village about 150 km (90 miles) east of Tripoli.

NATO officials could not immediately be reached for comment, and there was no independent confirmation that an alliance strike caused the deaths.

Libyan television did not give a figure for the total number of people killed or wounded. It said the victims were from the village of Majar.

The village is near Zlitan, on Libya's Mediterranean coast, where NATO forces have been mounting attacks on government troops.

The television pictures showed the burned bodies of at least three children under the age of 10 in a hospital. They also showed women and children being treated for injuries.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 20, 2018
Hamas rockets fired on Israel, Red Alert sounded in Sha'ar HaNegev

By JPOST.COM STAFF