Libya's NOC reviewed loading schedules after clashes near oil ports

By REUTERS
March 4, 2017 14:40
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

TRIPOLI - Libya's National Oil Corporation (NOC) held an urgent meeting to review crude loading schedules and emergency measures to protect oil facilities after clashes around the major terminals of Es Sider and Ras Lanuf, it said in a statement on Saturday.

The meeting on Friday studied "how to maintain the safety of employees and of oil assets and tanks and facilities within the ports, and to study and review the crude loading plans in accordance with the scheduled tables for export operations," the statement said.It did not detail any specific measures taken or say that there had been any change to operations in the ports.



The eastern-based Libyan National Army (LNA) withdrew from the ports on Friday in the face of an attack by a rival faction.

Related Content

Breaking news
June 17, 2019
Yemen's Houthis launch drone attacks towards Saudi Abha airport - Al Masirah TV

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings