MK Katz tells PM to order death penalty for Fogel killers

By JPOST.COM STAFF
October 16, 2011 23:21

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

As the government prepares to exchange convicted terrorists for kidnapped soldier Gilad Schalit, Transportation Minister MK Yisrael Katz (Likud) called on Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to order the death penalty for the two young Palestinian men convicted of killing five family members in their home earlier this year.

Katz said that the prime minister had told him the matter is under legal review.

The Samaria Military Court convicted 18-year-old Hakim Awad for the murder of the five members of the Fogel family – three children aged between 3 months and 11 years, and their parents, Ehud and Ruth.

Ajmad Awad, the other man who has been charged with the killings in the West Bank settlement of Itamar, pleaded guilty at the beginning of October to five counts of murder.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 19, 2018
White House rejects Putin proposal to interview U.S. citizens

By REUTERS