MK urges settlement freeze victims to submit loss estimates

By REBECCA ANNA STOIL
February 9, 2010 20:20
1 minute read.

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

MK Danny Danon (Likud) issued a public call Tuesday for people who have been financially impacted by the recent moratorium on building in the settlements to submit estimates of the losses that they have suffered.

Danon recently submitted a bill to compensate people who have been impacted the settlement construction freeze. The bill, which is slated to be reviewed next week by the Ministerial Committee for Legislation would set up a committee that would give compensation both to private citizens and to business owners who were impacted by the decision to freeze building.

In his efforts to advance the bill, Danon said that he met last week with "senior officials in the Prime Minister's Office and in the Finance Ministry, who expressed their support for establishing the proposed framework under the condition that it would be possible to assess – prior to the establishment of the committee – the estimated amount of funds that will be issued.

Following that meeting, Danon issued a call this week for all those who have been effected by the moratorium, including both private citizens and business owners, to submit to his office estimates of the financial damage they have incurred. Danon also drafted a form that citizens can use to submit their claims and which he has posted on his personal Website.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 17, 2018
U.S. says redirects Syria funds as allies pony up $300 million

By REUTERS