Mubarak trial to be held in Cairo

By REUTERS
July 28, 2011 16:45

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

CAIRO - The trial of ousted Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak and others over their involvement in the killing of protesters will be held in Cairo, the official news agency said on Thursday.

The trial of Mubarak, his two sons, former Interior Minister Habib al-Adli and others will start on Aug. 3 and will be held on the site of an exhibition center in Cairo, the news agency reported, citing the deputy justice minister.

It was not immediately clear if Mubarak's health condition would prevent him attending in person. Judicial sources had earlier said Mubarak could be tried in Sharm el-Sheikh, the Red Sea resort where he has been hospitalized since April when he was first questioned.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 19, 2018
Trump urges Turkey's Erdogan to free jailed U.S. pastor

By REUTERS