Munich police chief says no evidence Munich shooter had links to IS

By REUTERS
July 23, 2016 13:32

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

BERLIN- There are absolutely no indications that the German-Iranian gunman who opened fire on shoppers in Munich on Friday had links to Islamic State and the attack also had no link to refugees, Munich police chief Hubertus Andrae said on Saturday.

Andrae said the 18-year-old attacker's room had been searched, adding: "Based on the searches, there are no indications whatsoever that there is a connection to Islamic State."

Andrae said investigations had not given any reason to believe there was more than one perpetrator and attacker had "no link whatsoever to the topic of refugees." He said there was no reason not to visit Munich or to cancel events for security reasons.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 16, 2018
Suspect dead, three officers wounded in Kansas City shootouts

By REUTERS