N. Korea sentences US man to 8 years of hard labor

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
April 7, 2010 04:34

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea says it has sentenced an American man to eight years' hard labor for entering the country illegally and unspecified hostile acts.

The North's official Korean Central News Agency said in a brief dispatch Wednesday that Aijalon Mahli Gomes acknowledged his wrongdoing during a court ruling Tuesday.North Korea announced last month that it had arrested Gomes for entering the country illegally.



Gomes is from Boston.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
May 24, 2019
Yemen president claims U.N. special envoy is legitimising rebels

By REUTERS