North Korea says ready for six-party talks

By REUTERS
August 1, 2011 05:55

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

SEOUL - North Korea said on Monday it was prepared to resume six party nuclear disarmament talks without preconditions at an early date following a flurry of diplomatic activity to restart the stalled process.

"The DPRK remains unchanged in its stand to resume the six-party talks without preconditions at an early date and comprehensively implement the Sept. 19 joint statement on the principle of simultaneous action," North Korea's foreign ministry said.

A top North Korean diplomat visited the United States last week in the first such contact between the sides in 19 months, a week after the two Koreas' nuclear envoys met. The meetings have raised hopes for a resumption of six-party talks.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 23, 2018
IDF to carry out pre-planned military exercise near Gaza border

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF