Obama envoy denies US coalition hit Syrian army camp

By REUTERS
December 7, 2015 14:09

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

BEIRUT - US President Barack Obama's envoy to the US-led coalition that is targeting Islamic State denied on Monday that coalition warplanes had struck a Syrian army camp, after the Syrian government blamed it for the raid in Deir al Zor province.

Brett McGurk said on his Twitter account that there had been no coalition strikes anywhere within 55 kilometers (35 miles) of the camp.

"Reports of coalition involvement are false," he wrote.

Syria's foreign ministry said nine air strikes had hit the camp on Sunday, killing three soldiers, and blamed it on the US-led coalition.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 16, 2018
Netanyahu visits Sderot after tense weekend of rocket fire

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF