Occupy LA protesters brace for eviction next week

By REUTERS/MARY SLOSSON
November 24, 2011 04:00

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

LOS ANGELES - Hundreds of anti-Wall Street protesters who have camped out at Los Angeles City Hall for nearly eight weeks were warned by the city on Wednesday that they would be evicted next week with 72 hours of notice, their representatives said.

Word of the planned eviction, which Occupy LA organizers said they were told would come as early as Monday, surfaced a day after protesters rejected what they described as a city offer to give them indoor space, farmland and other concessions as an inducement to vacate City Hall voluntarily.

Neither police nor a spokesman for the mayor could confirm that protesters had been given an eviction deadline.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 23, 2018
Saudi investment summit set to start despite boycott over slain journalist

By REUTERS