Pawn shop burglary linked to 'threat' against Baton Rouge police

By REUTERS
July 13, 2016 01:39

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A burglary of firearms from a pawn shop has been linked to a threat against police officers in the area of Baton Rouge, police officials said on Tuesday, just days after a black man's killing by police last week sparked protests.

Baton Rouge Police Chief Carl Dabadie told a news conference that one suspect arrested at the scene of the burglary with a firearm and a BB gun on Saturday told police the firearms were meant to be used against officers in the area.

Three individuals, none of whom have been identified, have been arrested in connection with the case and police believe a fourth person remains out of custody. Six of the eight firearms have been recovered, Dabadie said.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 18, 2018
Jerusalem Post closed for Yom Kippur

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF