Peretz: Media was used to discredit constituencies

By JPOST.COM STAFF
July 7, 2011 11:48

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Labor leadership candidate MK Amir Peretz slammed unnamed sources from within and outside the media for using news sources to discredit his constituencies and sully his reputation, Channel 10 reported Thursday.

Speaking at a press conference with Union of Local Authorities in Israel chief Shlomo Bohbut, who endorsed Peretz after dropping out of the leadership race last week, Peretz said investigative reports that claimed he had fraudulently mustered voters were irresponsibly done.

"Knowing that newspapers like to use the word 'research' I checked these investigative reports," Peretz said, adding "To me it's distortion and using only half the truth is worse than outright lying."

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 18, 2018
Jerusalem Post closed for Yom Kippur

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF