Police investigate claim senior officer refused breath test

July 18, 2011 19:26


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Police Insp.-Gen. Yochanan Danino ordered an investigation on Monday into claims that a senior officer refused an alcohol breath test at a police checkpoint in Jerusalem in recent weeks.

According to the claims, published by Ynet, police volunteers at the Moriah police sub district in Jerusalem asked the-then sub district head, Doron Yadid, to undergo a routine alcohol test after he arrived in civilian clothing at a police checkpoint in Talpiot.

The volunteers did not recognize Yadid and stopped his car for an alcohol test. The report claimed Yadid reacted with outrage to the request and refused to take it. Police have denied the claims, the report said.

Yadid has since been promoted to the rank of Lt.-Cmdr, and assigned to head a police training division.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 19, 2018
Syrian state TV: buses enter village in Quneitra for evacuation