BREAKING NEWS

Police launch intensive investigation into mosque attack

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said Monday that an intensive police investigation had been launched to track down those behind the burning of a mosque in the village of Tuba Zangaria Sunday night in a suspected "price tag" attack.
"In the early hours of the morning a number of suspects entered the mosque in the village of Tuba and caused severe damage to the mosque's carpet and inner walls," he said. He added that "forensic evidence was analyzed and removed from the crime scene. The investigation is continuing."
Police have heightened the security alert in the North to prevent disturbances from breaking out, Rosenfeld added.
In a reaction to the attack, at around 9 a.m. 300 people marched from the village towards Rosh Pina, threw stones at police and burned tires. Police dispersed them using tear gas. "We're talking to leaders of the community in order to calm the situation," said Rosenfeld.
 
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use