Police say 17-year-old boy murdered in Afula

April 16, 2016 20:06
1 minute read.


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


A teenager from Afula was found murdered on a residential street in the northern city overnight Friday, just two weeks before he was to celebrate his 18th birthday.

Yuval Osadon was found unconscious on Ibn Gvirol Street in the city around 3am. Magen David Adom paramedic Amir Elisha said “we found a teenager lying in the road unconscious with a deep wound to his upper body. We gave first aid and tried to bandage him and stop the bleeding, all while he was being respirated.”

Paramedics rushed him to Valley Medical Center in Afula in critical condition, but he died in the emergency room shortly thereafter. 

Shem Tov Osadon told reporters “part of my body has been taken”, and struggled to relate the moment at the hospital when he received the bitter news that his son had died.

Osadon said his son had no enemies and that “the kid wasn’t in any conflict with anyone - no debts, nothing. I have no idea what happened. I very much hope that that the beasts who did will be caught and punished as severely as possible.”

Within hours of the murder, detectives from the special investigative branch of the Northern District police secured a gag order on the case, banning the publication of any details of the case. They have said that the background appears to be criminal.

No arrests were reported at press time. 

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 19, 2018
Nasrallah: 'Israeli aggression is Syria can not be tolerated'