President's Residence workers evacuate offices due to Jerusalem fire

June 15, 2016 12:53


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Multiple firefighting teams were working to control a forest fire that broke out Wednesday near Jerusalem's Givat Shaul neighborhood, near the entrance to the capital.

Employees at the President's Residence and semi-state run Israel Electric Corporation in Givat Shaul were evacuated from their offices in light of the fire.

Due to the blaze, authorities also cordoned off the major Route 1 thoroughfare that runs from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

A spokeswoman for the Israel Electric Corporation told The Jerusalem Post that the fire was coming close to their Jerusalem district offices but had not reached the building. All workers were evacuated as a precaution.

She added that the fire is not expected to cause service disruptions.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 15, 2018
Man held after incident at UK parliament arrested for attempted murder