BEIRUT - Libyan government forces on Monday subjected the port in the rebel-held city of Misrata to intense bombardment for a second day, a rebel spokesman said.
"The port is under heavy shelling today too, they have fired around 100 rockets so far. The shelling on Misrata has not stopped in the past 36 hours," the spokesman, who identified himself as Hassan al-Misrati, told Reuters by telephone.
"It seems that NATO have forgotten about us and this has emboldened the Gaddafi forces. NATO forces have not done anything for the past 24 hours," he said.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>