Report: Attack on Guinean president repelled

By REUTERS
July 19, 2011 09:49

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

CONAKRY - Heavily armed assailants attacked the residence of Guinean President Alpha Conde early on Tuesday but Conde escaped injury and is in safety, a presidency source and eyewitnesses said.

"The president was there, but he is safe and sound," said the presidency source, adding that there had been substantial damage to the residence in a suburb of the capital Conakry from gunfire and rocket launchers. The attack had been repelled by Conde's guards, the source said.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 16, 2018
Man with suspected explosive vest neutralized in Saudi city

By REUTERS