Report: Bomb caused Oslo explosion, two confirmed dead

By REUTERS
July 22, 2011 18:24

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

OSLO - Norwegian police said that a bomb caused the explosion in central Oslo on Friday, news agency NTB reported, quoting a police chief.

State broadcaster NRK radio said two people were now confirmed dead, raising the initial toll from one.

"So far I can confirm that we have received seven people at Oslo University Hospital," a press officer at Oslo University Hospital told Reuters. "I don't know how seriously wounded they are."

Related Content

Breaking news
July 21, 2018
IDF confirms name of soldier killed by Gazan sniper

By JPOST.COM STAFF