Report: Indian arrested in connection with embassy attack

By JPOST.COM STAFF
March 7, 2012 08:52

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Indian police announced Wednesday the arrest of an Indian national claiming to work as a freelance journalist in connection with the terrorist attack on Israeli diplomatic personnel in New Delhi last month.

A police official said Mohammed Kazmi, a man in his early 50s, was arrested on Tuesday night in south New Delhi, Indian news website India Today reported.

"We have almost cracked the case," the official stated.

Israel blamed Iran for the February 13 attack near the Israeli embassy in the Indian capital, where assailants latched a sticky bomb onto an Israeli diplomatic vehicle near the Israeli embassy.

One diplomat's wife, Tal Yehoshua Koren, and three others were injured when the bomb exploded, burning the car and sending shrapnel flying. The terrorists sped off after the blast on their motorcycle, Indian police have said.

Read the full story here

Tehran has denied involvement in the plot.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 18, 2018
Levin: Replacing the government now would give Hamas a second prize

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF