Report: Libyan army ordered to pull out of Misrata

By REUTERS
April 23, 2011 10:09

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

MISRATA, Libya - A wounded Libyan government soldier captured by rebel forces in Misrata said on Saturday the army had been ordered to withdraw from the city.

"We have been told to withdraw. We were told to withdraw yesterday," the soldier, Khaled Dorman, told Reuters. He was lying in the back of a pickup truck after being brought to a local hospital.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 16, 2018
Netanyahu visits Sderot after tense weekend of rocket fire

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF