Report: Terrorist killed in IAF strike funded Eilat attacks

By JPOST.COM STAFF
August 24, 2011 14:09

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

The Islamic Jihad operative who was killed by an Israel Air Force strike early on Wednesday morning funded the multi-stage Eilat terror attack in which eight Israelis were killed last week, Israel Radio reported.

He was also responsible for funding an additional terror attack being planned against Israel, according to the report.

Palestinian news agency Ma'an said that the man killed was Ismail al-Asmar, a field commander in the Al-Quds Brigade, the Islamic Jihad's military wing.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 14, 2018
At least 20 dead, 16 injured in Italy bridge collapse, official says

By REUTERS