Restart date unclear for Venezuela refinery hit by blast

By REUTERS
August 30, 2012 05:38

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

CARACAS - A restart to production at Venezuela's largest oil refinery, closed since Saturday by the world's deadliest refinery accident in fifteen years, could take another two to three days, officials said, although an exact date was unknown.

Energy Minister Rafael Ramirez said in televised comments on Wednesday that fires at the Amuay refinery, where 48 people died, had been finally extinguished and workers were moving ahead with preparations to restart production.

The "gradual" process could possibly take "two or three days", Ramirez said, although officials at the refinery told Reuters the final timing for a restart could not be determined while parts of the facility continued to cool.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 16, 2018
Gunmen attack intelligence center in Afghanistan

By REUTERS