S.Korean man with MERS virus sixth to die in outbreak

By REUTERS
June 8, 2015 05:20

An 80-year-old South Korean man who had tested positive for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) has died, officials from the city of Daejeon said on Monday, taking the number of deaths from the outbreak to six.

The man had been suffering from pneumonia when he was confirmed to have contracted the virus from another patient at a hospital, officials said.


Related Content

Breaking news
September 20, 2019
El Salvador signs asylum cooperation deal with U.S.

By REUTERS