Sa'ar: People obsessed with destruction of settler homes

By JPOST.COM STAFF
April 21, 2012 18:02
1 minute read.

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Education Minister Gideon Sa'ar (Likud) said Saturday that the government should seek other solutions in the West Bank instead of settlement evacuations.

The government is considering ruling to demolish the West Bank outpost of Ulpana near the Beit El settlement, which was built from 2002 to 2008 on land purchased from Palestinians in 2000. The paper work for the sale was later judged to be unauthentic and the structures there – which house some 30 apartments – are scheduled for demolition by the end of the month. Netanyahu, however, is seeking to make homes in Ulpana an authorized part of Beit El, thus saving them from demolition.

Speaking at a 'Shabbat Tarbut' function in Kfar Saba, Sa'ar said: "Is there no reasonable solution that does not include the expulsion of Jews? The perception that peace entails the expulsion of Jews from their homes has been tested recently in Gush Katif. We've seen the results of that."

More than 8,000 settlers were evacuated from their homes in Gush Katif in 2005. Since then, rocket fire emanating from Gaza has continued unabated, often forcing Israel's southern population into bomb-shelters.

Read the full story here

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 14, 2018
Hundreds of students protest teacher strike outside Finance Ministry

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF