Spanish police arrest 5th suspect linked to Barcelona attack

By REUTERS
September 22, 2017 10:29
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

BARCELONA - Spanish police on Friday detained a man they said had a close relationship with a number of those involved in last month's attacks in Barcelona when militant Islamists used a van to hit pedestrians and carried out a follow-up attack, killing 16.

The Moroccan man, 24, is a resident in Spain and had connections to the Islamist cell which took part in the attack, especially the imam Abdelbaki Es Satty, the Interior Ministry said in a statement.



Police are looking at the man's part in the acquisition of materials, specifically hydrogen peroxide, which was used in the manufacture of some 100 kilos of TATP explosives, the ministry said.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 19, 2018
Report: Kim Jong Un says he wants to maintain high-level contacts with Russia

By REUTERS