TA court reduces Dr. Sarov's punishment to 6 months of community service

Tel Aviv court reduces D

December 23, 2009 12:05


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

The Tel Aviv District Court on Wednesday decided to reduce the punishment of Ichilov Hospital's former emergency room director, Dr. Jacky Sarov, to six months of community service. Sarov, who was found guilty of accepting bribes from alleged crime boss Assi Abutbul, was originally sentenced to 15 months in prison, in addition to a 15-month suspended sentence and a NIS 15,000 fine. The court made the ruling Wednesday after rejecting Sarov's appeal over the verdict and the sentence. In January, the Tel Aviv Magistrate's Court convicted Sarov of taking sums ranging from NIS 800 to NIS 1,000, on three different occasions, to arrange examinations for Abutbul without an appointment while the latter was under house arrest.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 15, 2018
IDF: Kerem Shalom crossing into Gaza to be opened fully on Wednesday