Third most-wanted Nazi suspect dies before Germany trial

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
November 22, 2010 13:38

BERLIN — A court in Germany says the world's third most-wanted Nazi suspect has died before he could be brought to trial.

Bonn's state court said in a statement Monday that 89-year-old Samuel Kunz died Nov. 18.Kunz was indicted on charges he was involved in the entire process of killing Jews at the Belzec death camp: from taking victims from trains to pushing them into gas chambers to throwing corpses into mass graves. No trial date had been set.

Efraim Zuroff, the Simon Wiesenthal Center's top Nazi hunter, says it's "incredibly frustrating" that Kunz died before trial.

But he says it is important that he was indicted.

Zuroff said "at least a small measure of justice was achieved."


Related Content

Israeli security forces stand at the site where an Israeli was killed in a stabbing attack
September 18, 2019
Female terrorist shot dead after stabbing attempt

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF