Three French hostages in Yemen freed

By REUTERS
November 14, 2011 03:03

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

PARIS - Three French aid workers held hostage in Yemen since May 28 have been freed, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said.

The three hostages, two women and a man, worked for French charity Triangle Generation Humanitaire and had been kidnapped at a restaurant in the southeastern province of Hadramout.

The Arabian Peninsula country has been in the grip of civil unrest for months and Hadramout is among provinces where al Qaeda's Yemen-based wing has been active.

"The president warmly thanks the Sultan of Oman and the Omanese authorities for their crucial help, as well as all those who contributed to this happy resolution," the president's office said in a statement.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 17, 2018
California searches for 1,000 missing in its deadliest fire

By REUTERS