Three stabbed for asking drunk Rehovot youths to quiet down

April 2, 2016 17:38
1 minute read.


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


Rehovot police on Saturday morning arrested four suspects – including one minor – who allegedly beat and stabbed three people who reprimanded them for making noise in a public park late Saturday night.

According to Shfela subdistrict police, at 6:22am on Saturday morning they received a call that three people were beaten and stabbed on HaKishur Street in the city. The three were lightly to moderately hurt and taken to Kaplan Hospital in the city.

Police said that they three locals had approached the four suspects – who were intoxicated – and asked them to quiet down,  and also to confront them to some vandalism done to a number of cars in the area that same night. In response, they were attacked by the suspects, police said.

Not long after police received the emergency call they arrested four suspects nearby, including the minor. The investigation into the circumstances of the violent encounter has been opened, police said.

The story bears some resemblance to one from May 2012 in Beersheba that left a 35-year-old Beersheba father dead and made national headlines. In March 2014, then 18-year-old Eden Ohayon was convicted of first degree murder and sentenced to life in prison for murdering Gadi Vichman, who had come downstairs from his apartment building in Beersheba on that night in May 2012 to ask Ohayon and his friends to quiet down at a park below his window.

Vichman was stabbed in the chest by Ohayon and bled to death at the scene while his wife watched from the balcony.

Vichman had previously called from his balcony to ask them to quiet down, but was met by curses and shouts. Beersheba police had received a noise complaint from Vichman’s wife, but did not send a patrol car.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 24, 2018
Syrian jihadists to state position on Idlib deal 'in coming days'