Two-year-old injured in Meishar fire still fighting for her life

Mother, 2-year-old serio

November 21, 2009 19:38


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Michal, the two-year-old girl who was seriously injured after a fire broke out in her home overnight Saturday, is still fighting for her life. The girl's mother also suffered serious injuries related to smoke inhalation as a result of the fire, which broke out in a residential building in Moshav Meishar, near Gedera. The two were evacuated to Rehovot's Kaplan Medical Center having suffered smoke inhalation. Firefighters who were alerted to the scene said that the fire was likely caused by an electrical short-circuit in a refrigerator.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 18, 2018
Yemen's southern separatists attack military academy in Aden