UK denies entry to son of Osama bin Laden

UK denies entry to son o

By
December 3, 2009 22:41

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

The British government says it has refused on Thursday to allow a son of Osama bin Laden to travel to Britain. Omar bin Laden had appealed an earlier decision by UK authorities to keep him out of Britain. The 28-year-old son of the al-Qaida leader wants to come to Britain to be with his 58-year-old English partner, Jane Felix-Browne, whom he claims to have married. Mark Ockelton of the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal said Thursday that Omar bin Laden's appeal has been rejected because authorities still did not believe his marriage is valid. Omar bin Laden had sought asylum in Spain, but Spanish authorities last year refused him permission to remain in the country and deported him to Egypt. He said at the time he did not feel safe in Arab countries.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 21, 2018
Livni: We need to work with Palestinians to keep Israel's Jewish character

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF