US removing non-essential staff from embassy in Mali

By REUTERS
December 2, 2015 02:02

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

WASHINGTON - The US State Department said on Tuesday it had authorized the voluntary departure from Mali of eligible family members and non-emergency personnel from the US Embassy in Bamako, following an attack on a hotel in the capital last month.

It said in a statement that the US Embassy in Mali will provide only emergency consular services to US citizens for the foreseeable future.

Nineteen people were killed, including one American, in an attack on Nov. 20 on a luxury hotel in Bamako claimed by two jihadist groups. The State Department said security in Mali remains fluid and the potential for attacks throughout the country remains.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 18, 2018
China cuts Air China's flight hours, launches safety review after incident

By REUTERS