US soldier who shot Afghan civilians killed seven

By REUTERS
March 11, 2012 15:08

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

KABUL - A US soldier who opened fire on Afghan civilians in the southern Kandahar province on Sunday killed at least seven people, the provincial governor's office said, an incident likely to further strain ties between Washington and Kabul.

Of the casualties, at least seven were killed, the office said. The violence comes after the accidental burning of Korans at a NATO base by US soldiers last month spurred deadly protests and plunged US-Afghan ties to a new low.

Read full story here

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 14, 2018
Gabbay: Thank god we're rid of Liberman

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF