West Bank home of slain IDF soldier will not be demolished

By JPOST.COM STAFF
May 3, 2011 16:54

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

The High Court of Justice on Tuesday on Tuesday denied a petition from Peace Now to demolish the home of Eliraz Peretz, a slain IDF major who was killed in a 2010 firefight with Palestinian terrorists near the Gaza border.

Peretz's home was one of 12 in the Hayovel outpost the Peace Now had contested as illegal.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu had earlier said he would prevent the demolition. “We have common sense. I won’t allow the destruction of the homes of these heroes that sacrificed their lives for the security of Israel,” he said.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 20, 2018
Theresa May urges fellow EU leaders to drop "unacceptable" Brexit demands

By REUTERS