Would-be IS girl recruit planned school bombings, Danish court finds

By REUTERS
May 16, 2017 13:20
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

COPENHAGEN - A 17-year-old Danish girl who offered to fight for Islamic State was found guilty on Tuesday of planning bomb attacks at two schools, one of them Jewish, court documents showed.

The girl was arrested at her home in January last year, when she was aged 15, and charged with planning the attacks after acquiring chemicals for making bombs, police said.

Police who searched the residence found a handwritten note with the words "Allahu Akbar!" (God is greatest), a date, and the address of the Jewish school in Copenhagen

A second note was marked "bomb attack on the infidels" and gave the address of her own school near Holbaek, a town west of the capital.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 17, 2018
Putin says he told Trump Russia prepared to extend START treaty

By REUTERS