Peanut Butter Holiday Bars 311.
(photo credit: food.com)
NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL BARS
Makes two dozen bars
9 ounces chocolate wafers (about 40 wafers) or tea cookie or pareve oreo type cookie, finely ground (2 cups)
1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
1 ¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
¼ teaspoon coarse salt
5 ounces (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons) margarine, cut into small pieces
1 cup chunky peanut butter
¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
10 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
1 ½ ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
1. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Line with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the 2 long sides.
2. Combine wafers, oats, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then add chunky peanut butter and ¾ cup smooth peanut butter, whisking until well combined. Add peanut butter mixture to wafer mixture, stirring until combined.
3. Transfer to baking dish, and use the bottom of a measuring cup or an offset spatula to firmly press mixture into an even layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Pour melted semisweet chocolate over chilled mixture and using an offset spatula, spread into a thin layer that covers the entire surface. Refrigerate until hardened, at least 15 minutes.
5. Heat remaining 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter in a small saucepan until runny. Drizzle peanut butter over chilled chocolate. Drizzle melted bittersweet chocolate over peanut butter. Refrigerate until hardened, about 15 minutes.
6. Use parchment to lift out chilled block of bars. Run a sharp knife under hot water, dry well, and cut into 24 squares, wiping knife between cuts. Let bars stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.(Sliced bars can be refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 1 month).