Der Wienerwald in Israel 758x530.
(photo credit: KKL-JNF)
The exhibition “The Vienna Woods and the History of Keren Kayemeth LeIsrael-Jewish National Fund“ recently went on display in the corridor of the Zvi Perez Chajes School, the school of the Jewish Community in Vienna.
The Vienna Woods are a part of the Yatir Forest, which is located near Beersheva, and the trees were donated by the city of Vienna.
The exhibition described KKL-JNF's history since its founding at the Fifth Zionist Congress in Basel, which took place in 1901. The numerous photos told the story of KKL-JNF's accomplishments in its different fields of activities in the land of Israel since its inception until today.
The photos included a picture of the Basel Casino Hall, where the Zionist Congress convened, as well as a picture of Johann Kremetzky, the first KKL-JNF chairman and a supporter of Herzl. In addition, some beautiful Golden Book covers and Golden Book certificates were also on display, as well as a replica of the inscriptions written by Herzl and other important personalities in the first Golden Book. There was also a beautiful poster of Yatir Forest with its 4 million trees, including Der Wienerwald - The Vienna Woods, along with a photo of the Yatir reservoir which provides water for irrigation.
For further information, comments or permission please contact
KKL-JNF – Information and Internet Department